This is the wild Sockeye salmon that is fished from Alaska’s famed Copper River and smoked in small batches to yield a rich flavor and moist, flaky texture. Found only in the Pacific, the Sockeye spawn each summer or fall in the cold Copper River, 300 miles of untouched, glacier-fed water in southeastern Alaska, and they are harvested in the wild using sustainable, environmentally friendly practices. Reverently prepared over two days in a 15-step process, the salmon is hand-filleted and slowly smoked in the traditional method passed down from the Northwest’s native peoples. The fully cooked salmon retains its distinctive red-orange color and succulent flavor. Vacuum sealing locks in the natural oils and preserves freshness. 1-lb. box.
- Upon arrival, please freeze or refrigerate
- Our smoked wild salmon have a shelf life of approximately four years and require no refrigeration until they are opened.
- Once opened, they will last 4-7 days in the fridge. Think of the pouch like a “flexible can” ? as long as the pouch is not punctured, leaking or opened, the product inside will stay good for at least 4 years. Even this is conservative, as long as the pouch is intact.
- This smoked wild salmon is fully cooked and ready-to-serve.
- Simply place the fillet on a serving plate (we recommend pouring the natural oils in the pouch back over the salmon), and offer with whatever condiments you like ? crackers or crostini, cream cheese, chopped red onion, sliced cheese, sliced apple (or other fruits), and sliced vegetables. Or, try adding smoked wild salmon to pasta, a salad, baked potato, stir-fry or omelet.
- Salmon, Salt, Sugar
- Processed in a facility with shellfish
- Kosher certified